We appreciate the patience and understanding of everyone while we were limited to only dental emergencies. We are pleased to be open once again.
Our team is working hard to see everyone as soon as possible. While many things have changed during the coronavirus situation, one constant is our commitment to your health and safety. Our top priority is making sure you feel safe and protected during your visit to our office.
In order to provide dental care in the current environment, Total Dental is closely following infection control recommendations and updates made by:
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Appointments: Some things to know
We cannot accommodate walk-ins at this time. All dental care must be by appointment – please call us at 256-582-CARE or use the Request An Appointment link.
Because our lobby area is closed, if you need to pay a bill please do so by phone, online or mail.
Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This means that available appointment times are more limited, and we cannot always accommodate requests for a specific day or time right now. Please know that we are doing the best we can under these circumstances.
When you arrive for your appointment, you will see some changes along with our already-strict infection control protocols.
Here's what to expect at your visit
- Our office will communicate with you prior to your appointment to ask some health screening questions. We must speak to you by phone for this, so text and email appointment confirmation is not available at this time.
- Please ARRIVE 15 MINUTES EARLY for your appointment due to extra screening protocols.
- When you arrive, we will greet you outside and take your temperature. We will give you a screening form and send you back to your car to fill it out.
- We will call your cell phone when we're ready for you inside. A staff member will greet you as you enter the office and instruct you to use hand sanitizer which we will supply.
- The lobby area is closed at this time, so we cannot allow guests to come inside the office with you. One parent is allowed with a minor child, and will go into the treatment room with their child. The parent's temperature will also be taken before entry to the office.
- Each patient will rinse with hydrogen peroxide at the beginning of their appointment. This is for your safety and ours, as it reduces the number of bacteria in the mouth.
- In addition to the personal protective equipment that we have always used (masks, gloves), we will also be using gowns, face shields, and N95 face masks when appropriate. Our front desk team will also be wearing masks and gloves when they interact with patients.
We look forward to seeing you again soon and are happy to answer any questions about the steps we are taking to keep you safe. To make an appointment, please call us at 256-582-CARE